Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Off-Roading and the Oregon Trail

Today I loaded up the boys, packed a cooler with snacks and drinks, strapped it to the rack on the Jeep and set off to find a place to play with the Jeep and have a picnic.

We wandered our way to Gowen Road where there is a Oregon Trail observation point where the wagon ruts of the actual Oregon Trail still reside.

As I am making the way up the hill I notice the sign that shows who is doing the trash pickup on this stretch of road.  It says that a local 4x4 group has sponsored this section.  I put 2 and 2 together and remember that there is some dirt trails off the road a half mile up the way.

We spent 10-15 mins tooling around in the dirt roads going through mud puddles and up some steep approaches.  I am very pleased with the clearance my Jeep has.  It can do more than I am willing to try, which is a very good thing.

We stopped off at the Oregon Trail observation and had some lunch, just after we went down the paved highway kicking up chunks of mud for a quarter mile.  The boys liked that.  We all liked that.

No comments:

Post a Comment