Popular Posts

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tires!

Time to get new tires.   I may have not rotated them enough but the set of nearly worn out Toyo MTs were cupped and noisy and causing vibrations and a nasty shimmy at 45 mph.

Once I ruled out any issues with my tie-rod ends, track bars, etc, the search for new tires was on.

Through weeks of research I learned a couple things:
1) someone on the internet loves every tire
2) someone on the internet hates every tire or "knows a guy" who did

Through weeks of trying to talk myself into an AT tire, I struggled to find one that "looked like" a Jeep tire.  I daily drive my Jeep and in Boise I am rarely in mud so it seemed logical.  Couldn't do it.  Gotta go MT.

I like BFG tires.  I like their style, their reputation, their marketing, and last but not least, their tires.  It was really their spot to lose from the start.  I never found another company to consistently outrank them on any review board, website or forum.  I really thought hard about the Nitto Trail Grapplers.

My LJ on worn out 31s and a 3 inch suspension lift before the new tires:

http://flic.kr/p/hCAjvF

The new bundles of joy delivered to my door:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63601457@N03/10916095263/

5 gorgeous Km2 33 inch mud terrains. 

Next post I'll have the after pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment